We went to Martha's Vineyard this past Saturday and forgot the camera in the car in the parking lot in Wood's Hole. So even though we had an awesome time we have no pictures of it!
It is very upsetting. Anyway, Memories of the day...
We took the boat over to the island. I was sitting backwards and got seasick really fast so I switched positions and felt better right away. The scenery was breathtaking as always. Once at the island we boarded a bus in which we had to stand because it was so full. 10 minutes with your arms up in the air holding onto the hanging bar. With people sitting all around you and your arms up in the air it can be quite disconcerting. Anyway, we went to Oak Bluffs first. Got off at the park and walked to the temple. They were having a craft fair and I loved seeing new things for the first time. I think I am going to attempt fabric bowl making! Next we walked past the gingerbread homes and peeked inside each one that happened to have the door open...
We walked over to the Merry Go Round and the kids grabbed brass rings as fast as they could for $1.50 a ride which I thought was cheap considering where we were. When we walked past a couple of shops I noticed TShirts with Obama's picture on it. They said Obama was here. I guess he actually was but we didn't see him... oh well....
We got on the next bus to Edgartown. We walked to the lighthouse a couple of long blocks over and the kids climbed up some lighthouse that wasn't very tall but they charged $5 each to go up. Liz was free under 12 and Brandon went with her. Ken and I just watched from below.
Then after the long walk back to the bus we ate lunch and headed of to GayHead to look at the cliffs and walk the beach. Needless to say we did a lot of walking but it felt pretty good. Got the kids some ice cream, Ken included and I got clam cakes. they are my favorite but these were not the best I ever had...
Then we were off to Vineyard Haven. We walked to the Black Dog restaurant and walked right out as the prices were $17 per meal... We just wanted a small dinner. We boarded the boat for home at 7:15 and headed to Chili's as soon we got off in Wood's Hole again.
It was an awesome day. Packed with loads of walking and family fun, bonding, and a few arguments here and there. We made lots of good memories. all of which were not caught on camera........
1 comment:
concentrating on having fun with your family is more important than pictures.
but having pictures would be nice.
Post a Comment