Friday, April 10, 2009

Lest we forget....

We have been made promises by many in our lifetime. Friends and family have ideally given their word only to let us down as any human might. Forgivable of course. Our presidents and lawmakers have many times promised good things only to deliver the bad.
There is one. One who has never let me down and I daresay never let anyone down. One who in time makes all things good and constantly works to deliver on all his promises.
Today we remember what this perfect (God)man did. On behalf of all mankind he laid down his life in obedience and made good on one of the many promises of his Father. Believe in this and live. So simple yet so profound. Nations have through the centries cried for Freedom to declare this simple truth to all and never has a truth been so attacked and tried. People try to delete it from the history books and claim it as a crutch to those who hold it so dear.
They will see soon enough. This perfect being who has always delivered on His promises has declared and promised to return. And He will. He will return to deliver those who believed and there will be judgement for those who did not. It is simple. I pray you will beg for his mercy, believe in His love for you and hold tight to all His promises! Jesus, Thank you........

1 comment:

Tanya said...

amen. MY devotional for the day.
And I am sorry for all the times I've let you down. 'forgivable' yes, but not forgotten (by me anyway) I love you and you have been such an inspiration and blessing in my life lately. Thank you.
I hope you're using your happy voice today!